Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Teens, what is it like to have a loved one in jail?

My uncle is being charged with fraud after being accused of stealing a deceased man's money. The deceased man's brother, who is suffering from dementia, accused him and was somehow found competent by a judge to press those charges. He is only serving 18 months, but I am so close to him. Almost a year ago my fiance suffered a miscarriage when she was nearly 5 months pregnant. It really took a toll on me because I was only 17 at the time and I sacrificed a college scholarship to raise my baby girl. Anyway, my uncle really helped me a lot and without him, I don't think I could have gotten through the pain and saved my relationship. It sounds corny and sh*t but I can't even imagine life without my uncle around everyday for his constant support.

No comments:

Post a Comment