Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is it safe for a 15-year-old girl to walk around the streets alone?

I've recently started walking around my neighbourhood alone, because I don't have anyone else to walk with and I don't have a dog... I live in a really quiet area, but there are mostly families here, and there's a primary (elementary) school nearby. When I walk around, I don't see many other people, but when I do they're never alone... Most people have dogs or friends they're walking with. I see people looking at me all the time though. :/ Is it because they think it's dangerous for me to by myself? Is it worse because I don't have a phone and I don't listen to an ipod or something (because I don't have one)? I think people are more likely to leave you alone if you have an ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment